LeafSpy Pro app for iPhone and iPad
608 ratings )
Current version: 1.7.36
, last update: 4 months ago
First release : 19 Mar 2015
App size: 13.98 Mb
The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, an iOS 7.1+ device and the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter (recommended) or a WiFi OBDII adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. Support for English and Japanese language.
Note: The iPhone 4 and early iPads (2nd Gen) do NOT support Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
Supports new 2018 Leaf
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Pro:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Odometer (miles or km)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm
* Ambient Temperature
* Displays climate control settings and power used.
* Trip and Charge Log
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
* Dropbox support to sync Log files
* Can run in background while connected to Leaf
LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
When using run in background mode where you enable GPS to run continuously. Please note the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Pros and cons of LeafSpy Pro app for iPhone and iPad
LeafSpy Pro app good for
Works flawlessly with LELink Bluetooth Low Energy. Connects automatically, tested on iPhone 4s.
This app gives more info for the Leaf than the OBD2 interface at most Nissan dealerships over here in Japan! Love it!
ELM327 OBD2wi-fi でiPhoneと繋いでます。
This is a great accessory for the leaf.
A few functions in particular:
- better estimate of range (given your personal miles/kwhr)
- state of battery health (good when purchasing car)
- charging status graphs, particularly useful during a quick charge
- ability to view and reset trouble codes
- a few options can be set (door locking)
a few changes would be nice however:
- the "developer website" redirects to a forum thread
- help is spotty and incomplete
- the user interface is a complicated jumble
As an example, how would a new user determine if his battery is healthy or not? Although its there, not one page says the word "health".
However, none of these organizational shortcomings will make me me dock it a star - its just too useful!
Some bad moments
Ive been waiting for a while for this to come out. Makes monitoring capacity degradation easy and is required whenever you are going to be cutting the range close.
A real asset for the community. Tons of data to geek out on your Leaf. You can also change modes to unlock doors upon pressing Park rather than on power off.
Noticed right away that one tire over-inflated. Would not think to check that coming off lot. App packed with useful info, helping to ease learning curve transitioning to ZEV. Anticipating more great functionality in updates to come.
I bought this but immediately found it did not work so I bought Leaf Stat...worked great!
If you have a Nissan Leaf, this is an excellent app to find out details about your battery usage and other aspects of your car. Some of the information can be overwhelming if you are not the technically minded. However having it has taught me a lot about my car and how it works.
I originally had the first version 1.0.1 and the newest upgrade to 1.1.0 only made the app better. I easily connected to my OBDII ELM connector without a problem.
Additionally, the creator is on MyNissanLeaf.com to help with any difficulties you may encounter. Thank you very much!
This app provides more details about your battery than any other Leaf apps out there and data can be exported. GPS logging and all and best of all the app maker is active on mynissanleaf forums so is actively making the app even better. Helped me find the right car and get my battery swapped on warranty. Big thanks! Very easy to use the only thing required is a wifi obd connector which can be found on amazon.