The Leaf Spy Pro application allows anyone with a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle, an iOS 7.1+ device and the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter (recommended) or a WiFi OBDII adapter the ability to monitor their battery and other vehicle information normally visible only to the dealer. Support for English and Japanese language.
Note: The iPhone 4 and early iPads (2nd Gen) do NOT support Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
Supports new 2018 Leaf
Information displayed by Leaf Spy Pro:
* Voltage of each of the 96 cell pairs (highlighted if shunt active)
* Minimum, average, maximum cell pair voltages
* Histogram of cell pair voltages
* Battery Temperature readings (4 sensors for 2011/12 models, 3 for 2013 models)
* Battery AHr rating (this will decease with age and is an indication of remaining capacity)
* Odometer (miles or km)
* Number of Quick Charge connections
* Number of L1/L2 Charge connections
* EVSE Max available amps
* EVSE voltage
* Battery energy level in GIDs & kWh
* Resetable energy usage meter (Wh resolution)
* Graphic display of SOC, GIDs and DTE (Distance to Empty)
* Remaining distance meter (miles/km) to Event (Low Battery Warning, Very Low Battery Warning or Reserve) based on user selectable energy efficiency
* Graphic display of battery temperature with min, avg, max temperatures
* Tire Pressure of each of the four tires with low pressure warning and delta pressure warning alarm
* Ambient Temperature
* Displays climate control settings and power used.
* Trip and Charge Log
* Logging function that records most data and optionally GPS location to a csv file that can be easily imported into excel.
* Dropbox support to sync Log files
* Can run in background while connected to Leaf
LeafSpy Pro also gives you the ability to perform functions normally requiring a visit to the dealer.
* Change automatic door lock/unlock settings
* Change VSP sound settings on 2013 and newer Leafs
* Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
* Register Tire Positions (required after tire rotation or seasonal tire changes so your Leaf knows the correct location of each tire on the car)
* Ability to reset DTCs from selected ECUs
When using run in background mode where you enable GPS to run continuously. Please note the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.